Lesley

Founder, Newsletter Glue
Building Newsletter Glue, a modern, SEO-friendly newsletter editor for WordPress.

Hey! I'm Lesley Sim, co-founder of Newsletter Glue. AMA about newsletters and building in public.

I run a WP plugin called Newsletter Glue. You can use it to publish newsletters inside WordPress. Recently chatted with Joe on episode 159.

Happy to nerd out about newsletters, building in public and the biz of plugins.
Like Comment

10k monthly visitors goal instead

This week, I looked at where we wanted to be by Dec'2021.

And while even $5kMRR would be nice, the bigger hurdle in the way is simply getting sufficient traffic to our site!

Without traffic we can't make good decisions on growing revenue because we simply don't have enough numbers to know what needs to be fixed.

So for the next few months, I'll be focusing both product and marketing efforts on hitting 10k monthly visitors instead. As a benchmark, we're currently at 1k monthly visitors.

And in the spirit of building in public and accountability, I thought I'd share my progress here...Β 

[context: I run newsletterglue.com, a plugin that lets you publish newsletters inside WordPress and connects to your existing email service provider]

Here's what we'll be doing:

Integrations

Our product involves connecting via API to email service providers. We currently connect to 7. But would like to be connected to 10-15 by the end of the year.
Launches: We've also beenΒ really bad at launching each new integration. So sometimes, potential customers don't even know we already have the integration they're looking for! So pairing integrations with launches is going to be big for us.

Content marketing

Currently, I write 1 post a month. πŸ˜… I'm hiring freelance writers so we can get this up to 1 post a week.

Guest posting and partnerships

I've beenΒ awful at this. And would love to start writing more guest posts. So far, have done some with Castos and WP Mayor. Would love to do many more. Any one up for a guest post about newsletters? πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ

Affiliates + Agency partners

We have a private affiliate program but would like to make this public. Hopefully this drives more visitors and customers to our site.

Extra credit: Self-host docs

No idea if I'll have the time or sanity to get this done by this year. But self-hosting docs will help tremendously with SEO and hitting that 10k monthly visitor goal!Β 

So that's it. I plan to be sharing how it goes and what I learn along the way for the next 4 months. If anyone has any feedback or advice, I would love to hear it. And of course, if anyone is interested in becoming an affiliate or would like me to guest post on your blog, please let me know. I am so grateful!

Thanks guys!
Like Comment